As a homeowner in Central Arizona, you know the importance of having a functioning home comfort system, especially during the hot summer months. Though it’s a good idea to schedule a routine check-up by a licensed professional before the heat begins, there are also several steps homeowners can take to ensure energy efficiency before the A/C kicks on.
- Check the areas around your home for any buildup that might cause your drains to become clogged.
- Consistently turning off lights when you’re not using them.
- Wash only full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher.
- Examine the air ducts to your air conditioner for leaks, which cause the system to work harder.
- Clean or replace your air filters regularly. Clogged filters cause the A/C to expend more energy for the same results, so be sure to clean them monthly.
- Make sure all your windows are tightly sealed, so that the conditioned air you are paying for doesn’t escape outside. Use caulk or weatherstripping to remedy any air leaks you may find around windows, or contact a licensed technician for larger jobs.
- Re-positioning any furniture or other blockages a good distance away from ducts to ensure air circulation.
- Invest in regular preventive maintenance. The upfront costs can save you money in the long run by identifying and repairing potentially serious problems and extending the lifespan of the equipment.
If you have questions or concerns about how to increase your home’s energy efficiency, please contact the experts at Wolff Mechanical. We’ve been serving Scottsdale and surrounding areas of Phoenix Valley for over 20 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about energy efficiency and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Wolff Mechanical services the Phoenix Valley area in Arizona. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!