Most people only know the basics of air conditioning systems. The basics for most people include: turning the system on, turning the system off and setting the thermostat to 78 degrees on auto for comfort in the summer. When it comes to repairing a system or replacing one most people probably wait until suddenly one day they try to “turn on” the system and it refuses to start blowing cold air into the home. At Wolff Mechanical Inc, we love to educate our clients on all things related to air conditioning systems. Instead of waiting until the “on switch” no longer helps keep your house cool from the 100 plus degree weather of the desert, we are providing some information that helps you to indicate when your air conditioning unit is about to quit working.
Knowing When to Replace an Air Conditioning Unit
- Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
- Your cooling or heating equipment my have become less efficient.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold. Improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause.
- No one is home for long periods of the day and you do not have a programmable thermostat. Install a programmable thermostat or have a good contractor install one and instruct you on its use — to start saving energy and money while they’re away or sleeping.
- Your home has humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- Your home has excessive dust. Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution.
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy.
- You could have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
When our Scottsdale air conditioning repair team comes out to your home, we never pressure you into replacing your AC unit when a repair may be a better option for both cost and efficiency. We utilize a 17 point scale to effectively to assess all of your heating and cooling needs. We also evaluate your home based on a dedicated analysis of indoor and outdoor conditions and optimal running settings. With key consideration placed on the age of your equipment and SEER, also known as the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, our expert AC technicians are trained and certified to give you the most complete air conditioning evaluation and recommendation if a replacement or repair is needed. Contact us today if you need help deciding whether or not your system needs replacing and visit our website for more information: azairconditioning.com.
Read the whole article click here: When Is It Time to Replace?