It may seem like a small task, but changing your HVAC air filter can bring great benefits. A dirty air filter makes your cooling and heating system less efficient, because it has to work harder to maintain a consistent indoor temperature. That means you’ll spend more on energy each month.
You should change your air filter as often as recommended by your equipment’s manufacturer, usually about once a month. If you do, expect to see these results:
- A clean air filter means good airflow through your cooling and heating system. Restricted airflow because of a dirty filter likely will bring on mechanical problems that could cause your system to fail.
- Your system will last longer with regular changes of your air filter.
- With a clean air filter, you’ll have greater energy efficiency and lower energy bills because your system won’t have to work harder and use more energy.
- You’ll enjoy better air quality with a clean air filter. Air quality suffers with a dirty air filter, which can lead to health problems like allergy attacks, asthma and other respiratory ailments.
- Your HVAC system and ductwork will stay cleaner when your air filter is clean. Dirty components can lead to expensive cleanings or even early replacement of your equipment.
- Changing your air filter regularly means you’ll conserve energy and become a good steward of the environment.
When you change your air filter, you’ll get the best results if you use a high-efficiency air filter, which is better at removing particles from the air than a standard filter.
If you’d like to hear more on the benefits of changing your air filter and other home-comfort issues, contact us at Wolff Mechanical. We’ve been serving central Arizona since 1990.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air filters and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Wolff Mechanical services the Phoenix Valley area in Arizona. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!