The new generation of “smart” thermostats provide energy-management tools that give you total control over your HVAC systems, your energy usage and full access to all thermostat features at the click of a mouse or the touch of a smartphone button.
Smart thermostats utilize these energy-management tools:
- Access software for managing your household’s energy bills, and view or print customized reports that show how your household uses energy.
- Integrate compatible home-comfort systems, such as whole-house humidifiers, with your heating and cooling systems for centralized control.
- Smart thermostats track heating and cooling efficiency in regards to bringing your home to the programmed temperature on time in the most economical manner.
- It automatically switches between heating and cooling modes.
- With compatible systems, you can turn lights on and off, lock and unlock doors and check security cameras all via your smartphone or computer.
In the past, adjusting your thermostat for energy savings usually meant arriving home to very uncomfortable temperatures. With a smart thermostat, that’s no longer the case. Using these new enhanced and Wi-Fi-ready features, you get it all — comfort, convenience and energy savings.
- For active households with varied schedules, set a different program for each day of the week with four or more event changes.
- Use the “hold” feature as needed for on-the-spot temperature adjustments.
- If you or a loved one is arriving home early from work or school, use your smartphone or online computer to adjust settings.
- Use the display lockout feature to prevent program tampering when you’re not at home.
- View real-time weather conditions and weather forecasts on the large digital display.
- The touchscreen display uses an intuitive tabbed interface for easy programming.
- Receive alerts via email or text for power outages, malfunctions, service reminders, filter change and low battery.
- Use a smart remote to adjust settings anywhere in your home.
With solid features of previous programmable thermostat models, combined with the latest Internet-enabled smart features, you get greater control over your energy use and customized comfort. Contact us at Wolff Mechanical for more information. We proudly serve all of the Phoenix area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about smart thermostats and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Wolff Mechanical services the Phoenix Valley area in Arizona. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!